March 22, 2010

Egyptian Foods

It has been some time since I blogged about Egypt. Being one of the oldest civilisations in the world, Egypt sure stands out for retaining its traditions and culture. If I were to put on Egyptian outfits, wrap my head with the 25 pounds and stay in Egypt for a little while longer, I might really brainwash myself that I’m living in the ancient world. In short, Egypt sure has not changed much.
Till this day, the Egyptian diet is pretty much similiar to those 2000 years ago. It consists of pita bread, beans and soup. My friends and I ate pita bread daily. Pita bread can be eaten with jam, dipped with sauce or accompanied with soup. Once in a while, sand might get embedded in the pita bread (since Egypt is really sandy) and you’ll get the extra crunch in your bread. Traditional Egyptian food is really healthy.
In the eight days that we were there, we never once saw an obese Egyptian. We were so privilleged to be on the traditional Egyptian diet for the entire trip (except we indulged in macdonalds once) that the two things I look forward to the most at every meal is a hardboiled egg and watermelon.

Egyptian Food
Egyptian Food
Egyptian Food
Egyptian Food
Egyptian Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails